Monday 4 January 2010

The Temper Trap made it's way into my iTunes (yes, I know, I know perhaps a little slow getting there but it's been Christmas and others needed music for their ears more than me!) and my heart this weekend with their album Conditions. The stand out tracks for me being TTT's 2nd single, Fader and bonus track, Little Boy. If these guys don't make an appearance at this year's epic Glasto (and the other summer Festivals too, obvs) I will be very, very, very, very surprised!

Gothic-electronic pop. That is what local Leeds' label, Dance To The Radio, have unleashed onto the Great British public with self-confessed "nightmare" poppers Esben and the Witch. Check them out live during January and February as they tour the UK. Their synthed-up brand gothic-melancholy-pop samples walkie-talkie radio dubbed over delicate melodies. Check them out on http://www.myspace.com/esbenandthewitch and download their album 33 for free on http://esbenandthewitch.bandcamp.com/album/33. Whichever way you hear this unique trio of Southeners, def make a date to see them live.

Alexisonfire vocalist, Dallas Green's takes a non-break from his witty Canadian rock fleet to work on solo project City and Colour - expect less screaming but no less depth and angst ridden lyrics with glorious 6-stringed melodies. This only makes my lust to live across the pond grow more than just a tad. I definitely won't be alone in pleaing for some UK dates for both bands please Mr Green!

BBPD

No comments:

Post a Comment