Tuesday 5 January 2010

The guys over at Stereogum have compiled one hell of must-have albums list. They've not given a meek 5, 10 or even 25 but a flabbergasting 69 indie records that you simply must have by this time next year. Oh yeah, 2010 is gonna be good!
http://stereogum.com/archives/list/2010_albums_102801.html

Highlights for me include Vampire Weekend's Contra, The Avalanches' follow up to 2000's Since I Met You, MGMT with Congratulations and Los Campesinos! tell us Romance is boring. Other rightfully anticipated indie gems will be winging there way to our iTunes from Fleet Foxes, The National, Hot Chip, Arcade Fire, Of Montreal, Drive By Truckers (trust me on this one) and The Walkmen.

January 12th. You have a date at HMV with Vampire Weekend. Don't forget.

BBPD

1 comment:

  1. It is a beast of a list, my goodness.
    Looking forward to CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG & BECK, what a combo.
    JOANNA NEWSOM I love.
    CAT POWER and ARCADE FIRE too? Ooof.

    ReplyDelete